Disposable and solvent-resistant (alcohol, acetone, chloroform, propylene oxide) small capsules. Useful in protecting fragile specimens during critical point drying and preserving the three-dimensional form for later SEM observation. Can also be used as storage vessels for specimens under desiccation or as a specimen holder in EM processing. Size: internal, 8mm Ø x 6mm high; external 13 Ø x 15mm high.
Made from polished stainless steel. A removable four-partition divider is available. They are designed to handle tissue all the way through infiltration and dehydration. The cover has a positive snap-on action. Both top and bottom parts are perforated for better circulation of fluids. Ø 76.2 x 13mm deep. Separator is not included.
- 6 Netwells™ of 24 mm, or 12 Netwells™ of 15 mm.
- Two reagent trays, one black and one white.
- One carrier kit: one carrier and one handle.
Beautifully thought out and made, this modular processing system is recommended for the following applications:
- Handling and processing tissue slices & blocks.
- In immunocytochemical staining.
- In 3-dimensional tissue culture.
- In ex-plant tissue culture.
- The polyester mesh in the Netwell acts as a tissue carrier and strainer for immunocytochemical staining and biological and histological fixation. It avoids the risk of losing valuable samples which is common with paint-brush transfers. Netwells are the ultimate means for the retention of fragile tissues during processing and staining.
- For 3-D tissue culture, the sterile Netwell provides efficient media permeation and support to cultures grown in gels.
- Sterile Netwells make the processing of tissue explants and micro carrier-grown cells easy. Most processing is performed by lifting the Netwells with a carrier set into reagent trays.
The system employs a polystyrene insert fitted with a polyester mesh bottom (netwell) for use in 6 and 12 well-plates. Available in three mesh sizes and two diameters.
Netwells are supplied in styrene well-plates with lids. The wells are individually numbered and may be used for some processing; the individual wells require very little reagent. The well-plates are also suitable for short term specimen storage.
A carrier plate and handle for moving the Netwells in and out of the 6 or 12 well plates. The handle can be removed from the plate at any time. One appropriate size carrier kit is supplied with the starter and large sets.
All Netwell™ items below are priced to clear.
Consumable items for the Lynx I and II Tissue Processors (on page E13)